Welcome!

Welcome to Likac's Blog. I have been knitting for 20+ years and now I have to face up to the fact that I am an addict. Here is a place for me to show what's on my needles.

Saturday 27 March 2010

Here comes the sun!


So I finished the cotton dress for Eloise. It is knitted in Samba Katia - a 100% cotton yarn from Spain. It was the only pure cotton yarn I could find with long colour changes. It hasn't got the same effect as I wanted but the ramdomness of the colours actually has its own appeal and I've decided the overall effect is quite pretty. Eloise certainly likes it, and despite the weather still being cool, refused to wear leggings or jeans underneath!

I knitted this in the round and had to modify the pattern to take account of the tiny chest size but tall height of my 7yr old.

No comments:

Post a Comment